Thursday, December 11, 2014

Poetry Gem

We were asked to do a poetry gem fro this class. I had no idea where to begin. First I wanted to do an animoto, but i didn't  want to pay for it. Then I wanted to do a plotagon but it wouldn't work on my computer, then I made a weebly and hated it, and I finally decided to make a prezi. I have never used prezi before even though my teacher always suggests we use one. It was a little confusing but with the help of my friend Lindsay it came out beautiful. I decided that my students would write acrostic poems with their names. I did a lesson on acrostic poems and showed them a website that had lots of them. I told them to brainstorm some words they could use for their names that described them. Some letters like N,A, and Y got a little tricky but they were able to find some. Take a look at how it came out here. I think it came out great for my first one. The students all typed in each of their poems as well. I tried to get permission to take a picture of them but it was not allowed. 
Here are some other great poem websites for more learning.

https://www.youngwriters.co.uk/types-acrostic

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/learning/glossary-term/acrostic

www.acrosticpoem.org/

1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    I loved your Prezi! Your students are so creative and I love the song that you chose to play throughout the presentation. Was there any particular reason that you chose that song?

    ReplyDelete