Monday, November 24, 2014

Who Was ....

I love learning about people. I like to read biographies. I stumbled upon the series called Who was.. while I was student teaching. All the students had a different person and the books were really student friendly. It explained difficult things these people went through in such great ways. One of my favorites was Amelia Earhart. The student took such interest in her that she went to the library and took out other books and also researched her online. As I went to my other placement they were using these books as well. I have even started my own collection.


 Memoirs are other books I enjoy. A memoir is facts and events from a persons life are arranged to construct a theme or personality.One of my favorites is The diary of a young girl.   It is by Anne Frank, who wrote the diary while she was in hiding with her family. 
With the Common Core standards students in grades 3 and 4 are leaning about biographies, 



Frank, A. (1992). Anne Frank: The diary of a young girl. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Globe Book.
Stewart, W., & Harrison, N. (2009). Who was Walt Disney? New York: Grosset & Dunlap.







No comments:

Post a Comment